Criteria of Eligibilty for Admission
- B.A/B.Sc Degree of the University of Calicut or a degree recognized as equivalent thereto under 10+2+3 pattern with 50% marks in Part Ė I+II+III together /50% Marks for Part-III alone or Master Degree in the same subject with minimum 50% marks or 10+2+5 pattern for Integrated M.Sc Course or 10+2+3+2 pattern for M.Com. However 10+2+3 Pattern is not insisted for B.A/B.Sc Degree holders under liberalized scheme of the University of Calicut.
- Bachelorís in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks are eligible for admission to the programme.
- Candidates who have passed their qualifying examination from other Universities outside Kerala should submit Equivalency Certificate stating that their qualifying examination is recognized by the Calicut University, for seeking admission to B.Ed Degree course in a particular optional subject, along with their application.
- Double or Triple main candidates or candidates who passed the Degree Examination in Vocational or Specialized Courses are also eligible for admission. However, they have to submit copy of the Equivalency Certificate along with their application.
- Academic eligibility should be satisfied as on the last date for submission of application.
- The minimum requirement of marks for admission to B.Ed Courses with 50% marks in Part I+II+III together/50% Marks for Part ĖIII along in Bachelorís Degree [Science /Arts Subjects] or 50% marks in Post Graduation for Commerce/Computer Science options in the concerned discipline (No rounding off of the percentage of marks to the nearest whole number is permitted.)
Relaxation in Marks
- SC/ST candidates including natives of Lakshadweep and candidates under Teacher Quota need only a pass in the Qualifying Examination.
- Relaxation of 5% marks for OBC and OEC candidates will be allowed to the minimum required marks.
- Blind Candidates will be given 5% concession in aggregate marks.
There is no upper age limit for admission to B.Ed Courses.
Admission to B.Ed Programme will be given only to Keralites but non-Keralite candidates also can be admitted to a maximum of 10% of the management quota seats in Private Self financing Colleges.
Candidates shall opt as optional subject for the B.Ed course only the main subject in which they have passed the B.A/B.Sc.Degree.
ENGLISH:- B.A Degree with English language and Literature/Functional English/Communicative English with 50% marks in Part I+II+III together/50% Marks for Part-III along or B.A Degree with English Language and Literature/Functional English/Communicative English with Masterís Degree in English Language and Literature with not less than 50% marks or with B.A/B.Sc with 50% of marks in Part I English and Masterís Degree in English Language and Literature with not less than 50% marks.
- Mathematics: B.Sc Degree with Mathematics/Statistics/Applied Statistics as main with 50% marks in Part-I+II+III together/ 50% Marks for Part-III alone or M.Sc Degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Applied Statistics with 50% marks. Candidates with Statistics/Applied Statistics should have studied Mathematics as one of the subjects Bachelorís in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks.
- Physical Science:B.Sc Degree with Physics/Chemistry/Polymer Chemistry/ B.Sc. Geology/B.Sc. Petrochemicals/B.Sc Bio Chemistry/ B.Sc Industrial Chemistry main with 50% marks in Part-I+II+III together/50% Marks for Part-III alone or M.Sc Degree with Physics/Chemistry/Polymer Chemistry with 50% marks or M.Sc Photonics (integrated) from CUSAT with 50 marks. Bachelorís in Engineering or Technoloigy with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks.
- Social Science:B.A Degree with History/Islamic History/Arabic and Islamic History Double main with 50% marks in Part-I+II+III together 50% Marks for Part-III alone or M.A/M.Sc.Degree in History/Islamic History/Geography/Politics/Economics/Sociology/Psychology/Philosophy/West Asian Studies with 50% marks.
How to Apply
Application for admission to B.Ed Courses 2015-17 in KET College of Teacher Education can be submitted to the Institution by remitting the cost of application Rs.100. The application forms are available from the college office on all the working days on paying Rs. 100/- Those who wish to get application forms by Post should produce a DD for Rs.100/- drawn in favour of Principal, from any nationalized bank along with a self addressed staped envelope of Rs.5/-.
Documents to be attached
Candidates should attach self attested copies of the following documents along with the application. (They should produce all the Original documents at the time of interview)
- S.S.L.C (Secondary School Leaving Certificate)
- Qualifying Degree (Degree/P.G ) Certificate
- Marklists of Qualifying Degree Exam (Part I,II & II)/Consolidated grade Card & of higher qualifications, if any.
- Equivalency Certificate from the University of Calicut in case of candidates who passed the qualifying examinations fron the Universities outside Kerala.
- Transfer Certificate & Conduct Certificate (obtained within 6 months)
- Nativity Certificate from the Village Officer in respect of those who are eligible for Nativity Weightage
- Community Certificate from the competent Authority in the case of SC/ST/OEC
- Income Certificate in the case of candidates eligible for admission under community reservation, The ceiling limit of Annual Income of the family of candidate is Rs. 6,00,000/-